My resolutions are reviewed daily and, because they are scheduled, often get completed. Meanwhile, I have these hopes, these dreams:
- Let’s distinguish between hopes and reasonable expectations.
- The religious bullies need to let up and let live.
- Why do we continue to honour the war machine and its greedy adherents?
- We must protect ourselves with a national securities regulator.
- Our federal government must start taking care of Canadians in difficulty abroad.
- If we closed more prisons we could take better care of those with ARND in the appropriate training residential facilities.
- When will the beverage alcohol industry learn to take responsibility for its products?
- What a rich nation we would be if shareholders would realize that the high cost of doing business is not the cost of labour but the obscene amounts given to senior management.
- A child dies every 3 seconds around the world for lack of clean water and we can’t even manage that for our aboriginal reserves.
- When will we establish a clear cut purpose and mission trajectory for our Canadian Armed Forces?
- Politicians need to make the fundamental shift from what is best for their parties to what is best for society.
- Finally, let’s get rid of 1st past the post elections.
If there is anything in the above you don’t understand, I’ll be glad to elaborate.